Brigitte is a professional freelance editor, copy editor and proofreader. She works with you to achieve clear, consistent and accurate writing that will keep your readers engaged, no matter what kind of manuscript you want to publish. She works in three distinct areas:
Education and training, including educational editing of VET course materials; higher education teaching and learning resources; and ESL teaching and learning resources for print delivery or eLearning.
Academic editing, for university students’ theses, particularly in the disciplines of the arts, humanities, social sciences, psychology and fine arts.
Having taught English as second language at Macquarie University, Brigitte is also able to help non-English speaking students with language and structure for academic essays, reports and theses.
General non-fiction and fiction editing, including developmental editing, structural editing, and copy editing to prepare your novel, memoir or non-fiction book for submission to a publisher or for self-publishing.
Brigitte is a fully qualified editor, with qualifications in Publishing, Editing, Applied Social Science and Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL). With a background in counselling, communication and ESL, Brigitte combines her skills to work effectively with authors, education providers and students to help them produce their best possible writing.
Qualifications and experience
- Advanced Diploma Applied Social Science, Australian College Applied Psychology
- Post Graduate Certificate TESOL, Macquarie University
- Diploma in Publishing, Australian College QED
- Diploma in Book Editing and Publishing, Macleay College
- Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training, Health Resource Training
Employers and clients include:
- CME, Macquarie University
- Cyclops Publishing
- ESCAPE Publishing
- The Sydney Japanese School
- The Australian College QED
- THINK: Education
- The Australian College of Applied Psychology, Navitas
- SK Publishing
- Students at Macquarie University
- Students at Sydney College of the Arts at the University of Sydney
- Students at the NSW Writer’s Centre, Year of the Novel
- M-CAS, Macquarie University
- A number of independent, fiction and memoir authors
Professional member, Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd)
Mon–Fri: 9 am – 5 pm
Weekends: working to help meet your deadlines.